The Idaho Society of CPAs is currently accepting applications for scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year. Scholarships from the fund benefit college juniors and seniors majoring in accounting at an Idaho college or university.
- ISCPA will award a maximum of three, $1,000 individual scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year and will notify recipients in May, 2018.
- One of the three scholarships will be designated for graduate students only
- The deadline for applications is April 6, 2018.
- Idaho resident
- Majoring in Accounting
- Either enrolled as a full-time
1) under-graduate student at the junior or senior level (third or fourth year) at a college or university in the state of Idaho
2) graduate student at a college or university in the state of Idaho
- Must have a minimum of two semesters, or equivalent, of schooling left after June, 2018.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or above for all class work prior to the application
- Non-traditional students who have not been enrolled in a higher education institution for a period of three years shall be exempt from the cumulative grade point average requirement for the first semester, or quarter, of the scholarship.
- All recipients must maintain the stated grade point for each semester the scholarship is in effect
Click here for more information about eligibility, selection criteria, and scholarship application procedures
Contribute to the ISCPA Scholarship Fund
While enrollment in accounting programs is on the rise, the cost of college also continues to increase. And many firms are experiencing a shortage of well-qualified candidates to choose from within the profession when openings occur. Now, more than ever, is the time to provide encouragement and support to potential accounting students.
To help combat these factors, the ISCPA continues its tradition of supporting the CPA profession by building its scholarship fund. This Fund, known as the "Idaho Society of CPAs Scholarship Fund," benefits qualified students pursuing an accounting degree at an Idaho school. The Fund was officially launched at the ISCPA annual meeting May 16, 2003. Scholarships from the Fund are limited to college juniors and seniors majoring in accounting and are awarded primarily on the basis of an applicants sincere desire for further education or training and individual achievement as evidenced through participation in outside interests and activities, leadership roles and/or work experience. Grade point averages and economic need are considered, but are not the primary determinants.
The Fund is established under the umbrella of the Idaho Community Foundation (ICF), an experienced, proven overseer of charitable Funds. Contributions made to the Fund are tax-deductible.
Although the ISCPA continues to support the fund through memorials honoraria, the real support must come from our members. We need YOU! By investing in the ISCPA Scholarship Fund, you will join a partnership committed to building the talented work force needed to lead the CPA profession in the future.
Certain levels of giving to the Fund will be eligible for special recognition, as outlined below:
- Benefactor Level: Donations of any amount are appreciated.
- Legend Level: Individuals who make a donation (one-time or cumulatively) of $100-$499, and firms who donate (one-time or cumulatively) $500-$2,499 will be honored as "Legend" donors.
- Legacy Level: Individuals who donate (one-time or cumulatively) $500 or more, and firms who donate (one-time or cumulatively) more than $2,500 will be given the special honor of "Legacy" donors. These donors will be honored in perpetuity on a Legacy Board that will hang in the ISCPA office.