- Contact: NA
- Company: The Idaho Department of Lands (IDL)
The Department of Lands has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Specialist to join the Financial Team at our Coeur d'Alene Staff Office.
- Lead all Good Neighbor Authority (GNA) accounting functions, including receipting, payables, and reporting.
- Assist with federal grants for FPA and fire, including grant expenditures, preparing grant reimbursement requests, and financial status reports for federal and state agencies.
- Incumbents use their professional background to prepare, analyze and/or audit financial records and documents, accounting systems, financial statements, work papers, budgets, and other related documents.
- Research and analyze financial data for accuracy, trends, and variances to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, and accounting principles.
- Utilize current information technology to analyze, research, or maintain financial data, develop financial documents, and resolve problems.
- Participate in designing, modifying and implementing financial related accounting systems.
- Prepare cost allocations and cost accounting entries.
Good knowledge of:
- Accounting principles and practices.
Some positions may require moderate to extensive travel.
- Experience in customer service with internal and external customers.
- Experience reconciling financial accounts, and taking corrective action.
- Experience developing, preparing, and presenting financial data to management.
- Experience with federal grant administration and monitoring.
- Experience using advanced Excel functions.
- Experience with the Navision accounting software.
- Experience using State of Idaho applications, such as STARS and the P-Card application.
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) code for this position is Straight (S). Based on the FLSA code for this position compensatory time will accrue at a rate of 1 hour for every 1 hour of overtime worked. Compensatory time off may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation. Vacation accrual is based on the FLSA code and accrual rates can be found at: https://dhr.idaho.gov/PDFs/Section2Vacation.pdf (Download PDF reader) (Exception: Employees engaged in Fire Suppression activities for which overtime hours are earned will be paid at the rate of 1.5 times the hourly rate for each one hour of overtime worked. Payment will be made on the regular pay date corresponding to the pay period in which the overtime work occurred.)