Audit Senior Associate
- Contact: NA
- Company: Eide Bailly
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as an Audit Senior Associate in Boise or Twin Falls might include the following:
- Initiate kickoff meeting with main client and determine timelines, goals and expectations of an engagement.
- Lead the engagement meeting with audit team members and share your knowledge from the client call. This is where you will set timelines, assign roles and determine goals for the audit.
- Set some time aside in your busy day to research business trends related to clients and apply this knowledge to clients' solutions while professionally representing the Firm. You will work with a variety of industries like Government, Nonprofit and Closely-Held Businesses.
- Conduct fraud interviews on an as-needed basis with CEO, accountants and other employees.
- Provide financial analysis upon completion of fieldwork in an effort to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Coach staff and train on areas of audit and collaborate on how to best handle aspects of the engagement.
- Network, build relationships and attract new clients or business to the Firm.
- Attend training seminars, professional development and networking events.
Who You Are
- You are inquisitive and enjoy learning about various client business processes and traveling to different locations to help clients (20 percent is required).
- You are motivated to learn and are looking to get promoted throughout your career.
- You like the challenge of in-charging engagements and providing constructive feedback to other team members.
- You are a multi-tasking master, and there has never been a deadline you could not meet.
- You have excellent communication skills as well as the ability to effectively interact with all levels of Firm management and staff, clients and other external business contacts.
- You have knowledge of and exposure to a variety of industries.
- You are a team player and love collaborating with others over sitting in a cube working alone.
- You hold yourself to the highest professional standards and maintain strict client confidentiality.
- In addition to all of this, you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, have an active CPA license, and have 2-4 years of experience in public accounting audit work.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals.