A go-to reference for training staff and managing your preparation, compilation, and review engagements, this course will enable you to be in compliance with all of the professional standards surrounding engagements performed in accordance with Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARSs). A practice-oriented review of the latest developments, cases, and lively discussion among the experienced participants make this class informative and practical.
- Auditors, practitioners and accounting and finance professionals of not-for-profit organizations
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the professional standards and risk factors relevant to the planning and performance of preparation, compilation, and review engagements, including engagements on pro forma and prospective financial information.
- Identify responses to preparation, compilation, and review engagement practice issues that comply with all applicable professional standards.
- Overview of preparation, compilation, and review guidance
- Accounting and reporting issues
- Current practice issues
- Common deficiencies in peer reviews
- Current and future standard setting projects
- International reporting issues in SSARS engagements
- Special Purpose Framework financial statement issues
- Case studies
- Latest developments
Registration is closed. Please contact ISCPA at 208-344-6261 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Known as a nationally acclaimed, accounting industry expert and speaker, Michael (Mike) has been involved in all aspects of public accounting, with an emphasis in providing accounting, auditing and review services to clients in the for-profit, nonprofits and governmental sectors.
He is also involved in various committees at both the state and national levels. He is a former member of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) Professional Ethics Executive Committee, is the past chair of the AICPA's Accounting and Review Services Committee and the Alabama Society of CPA's Peer Review Committee and is the current Chair for the ASCPA. Furthermore, Mike teaches continuing education classes across the country for state societies and individual firms and has received the AICPA's Outstanding Discussion Leader Award multiple times along with the ASCPA's Thomas A. Ratcliffe Outstanding Discussion Leader Award.
In addition to teaching, Mike regularly speaks at conferences nationwide and in various other countries. He conducts peer reviews across the United States and was formerly on the Peer Review Board, Joint Trial Board, and Quality Control Standards Task Force of the AICPA. He is the current co-chair of the Engage Conference (the AICPA's largest conference held over multiple days with thousands of attendees).
- University of North Alabama
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, 1989
- AICPA Outstanding Facilitator (multi-time winner)
- ASCPA Thomas A. Ratcliffe Outstanding Discussion Leader Award
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)