Do you know what makes not-for-profit accounting and financial reporting different? Avoid the potholes of confusion and provide a financial picture that end users can truly understand. Through a combination of practical guidance and case studies, this course provides insight into what makes not-for-profits different.
- Qualifies for Yellow Book CPE
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the impact of the FASB Standards impacting not-for-profits.
- Identify the unique aspects of the not-for-profit environment.
- Apply the unique not-for-profit accounting and reporting requirements, including revenue recognition and expense reporting.
- Recall ways to perform more effective audits of not-for-profit organizations with better knowledge of not-for-profit accounting and reporting requirements.
- Core elements of financial reporting
- Exchange transactions, contributions, and gains and losses
- Accounting for expenses
- The not-for-profit environment and performance measures
- If you did not purchase a printed manual, download it from your upcoming events in "My CPE" on website, and bring it with you
- If you did purchase a printed manual and would also like an electronic copy be sure to download it
- Review ISCPA Parking Map - found in your email confirmation
ACAS, LLC was established and is solely owned by Michele Kemp, CPA in 2011 to operate a Certified Public Accounting Firm located in Little Rock, Arkansas. She began her public accounting career at BKD, LLP, the 11th largest CPA firm in the country where she left as a Manager to start her own firm. Prior to establishing the Limited Liability Company, Michele provided services as a sole proprietor for five years. She worked to grow her practice, and now has a team with over 25 years of combined experience in the accounting, tax and consulting industry. The firm's commitment to quality work and personal service sets us apart from other accounting firms. Our certified public accountants have the experience and expertise to help our clients achieve success. Additionally, our entire professional team attends on-going training to keep up-to-date on issues affecting our clients. Michele is owner and Managing Member with more than 15 years of experience providing a variety of services to include assurance, tax, training and business consulting. Michele specializes in governmental and not-for-profit organizations. Michele received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance from Arkansas Tech University. She also graduated with a Masters of Accountancy from the University of Central Arkansas. Michele is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. She is also a member and instructor for the Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants. Michele is also a licensed certified public accountant in Texas where she is a member of the Texas State Society of Certified Public Accountants.