Throughout much of 2022, it was very doubtful whether any tax legislation would be enacted. At long last we now have new tax legislation impacting 2023 and later years in the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA). This program will cover the new tax legislation embodied in the IRA in detail so that those attending can properly advise their clients if and how these various tax changes impact their individual and business planning.
Be the first to know about this brand-new legislation in a comprehensive manner. In contrast to courses provided by others that only highlight the broad strokes of the legislation, which you could easily access in an online summary, our expert panelists will detail all of the relevant facets applicable to planning for both you and your clients.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the Inflation Reduction Act
- Advise clients regarding individual and business planning related to this legislation
- The 15% corporate tax
- 1% tax on the repurchase of corporate stock
- Enhancement of IRS services
- Prescription drug pricing reform, including drug price negotiation
- Maximum out-of-pocket cap for Medicare beneficiaries
- Extension of Affordable Care Act subsidies for certain individuals whose household income exceeds 400% of the poverty line
- Clean energy and efficiency incentives for individuals
- Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit
- Energy efficient commercial buildings deduction (Section 179D)
- Extensions, increases, and modifications of the New Energy Efficient Home Credit
- Clean Vehicle Credit and credit for previously owned clean vehicles
- Qualified commercial clean vehicles
- Transfers of certain credits to an unrelated transferee
- Increase in Research Credit against payroll tax for small businesses
Registration is closed. Please contact ISCPA at 208-344-6261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Michael J. Tucker is an employee of Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC and a consultant for the accounting firm of T.M. Byxbee Co. in Hamden, CT. He is the author of many professional articles and a veteran TV and live-seminar presenter. In addition, he heads up Surgent McCoy's webinar efforts, where he writes and hosts many of the webinars Surgent McCoy sponsors and presents. Mr. Tucker was a professor at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, CT and worked with KPMG Peat Marwick and Deloitte & Touche. Mr. Tucker received his J.D. from New York University, his LL.M. from Georgetown University Law Center, and his Ph.D. from the University of Houston.