This course provides an overview of the accounting requirements with respect to accounting principle changes. The scope of accounting changes includes a discussion of changes in accounting principles, changes in accounting estimates, as well as changes of a reporting entity. A majority of the information included within this course is sourced from the requirements found within FASB ASC Topic No. 250, Accounting Changes and Error Corrections.
Course Type: Download
- List the different types of accounting changes and how they affect an entity’s financial statements
- Differentiate between the requirements for the different types of accounting changes
- Identify disclosure requirements related to changes in accounting principles
- An overview of the accounting requirements with respect to accounting principle changes
- Accounting changes that can take the shape of changes in accounting principle, changes in accounting estimates, and changes in reporting entity
- The ASUs that have affected ASC topics over the last few years