A go-to reference for training staff and managing your preparation, compilation, and review engagements, this course will enable you to be in compliance with all of the professional standards surrounding engagements performed in accordance with Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARSs). A practice-oriented review of the latest developments, cases, and lively discussion among the experienced participants make this class informative and practical.
- Auditors, practitioners and accounting and finance professionals of not-for-profit organizations
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the professional standards and risk factors relevant to the planning and performance of preparation, compilation, and review engagements, including engagements on pro forma and prospective financial information.
- Identify responses to preparation, compilation, and review engagement practice issues that comply with all applicable professional standards.
- Overview of preparation, compilation, and review guidance
- Accounting and reporting issues
- Current practice issues
- Common deficiencies in peer reviews
- Current and future standard setting projects
- International reporting issues in SSARS engagements
- Special Purpose Framework financial statement issues
- Case studies
- Latest developments
- Download PDF manual - view your upcoming events in "My CPE" on website
- Review ISCPA Parking Map - found in your email confirmation
Michael Brand, CPA Johnson, Feigley, Newton & Brand LLP Athens, AL Michael Brand is a partner of Johnson, Feigley, Newton & Brand LLP in Athens, Alabama. He was formerly a partner with Tucker, Scott, Brand & Wates, LLC. Michael is a graduate of the University of North Alabama and has been in public accounting since graduation. Michael has been involved in various aspects of public accounting with an emphasis in accounting and auditing services. His experience involves audits of various for profit, not-for-profit and governmental entities. Additionally, he conducts peer reviews. He currently serves on the Alabama Society of CPA's Peer Review Committee and serves on the AICPA's Joint Trial Board, Quality Control Standards Task Force and was a prior member of the AICPA's Peer Review Board.