This course, based on Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision, is essential for auditors performing Yellow Book audits and provides an excellent baseline of information as it relates to understanding Yellow Book requirements and application guidance. It also provides detailed information that all auditors planning and conducting engagements in accordance with the Yellow Book need to understand to be able to discern the requirements related to independence.
- Qualifies as Yellow Book CPE
- Government auditors and public accountants that will be planning or conducting engagements in accordance with Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision (“Yellow Book”)
- Qualifies as Yellow Book CPE
- Identify the guidance found in Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision.
- Recognize the relationship between Government Auditing Standards and other professional standards.
- Recognize the Yellow Book guidance regarding independence as found in Government Auditing Standards, 2018 Revision.
- Foundation and principles for government auditing
- General requirements for complying with GAGAS
- Ethics, independence, and professional judgment
- Competence and CPE
- Quality control and peer review
- Download PDF manual - view your upcoming events in "My CPE" on website
- Test your computer/device for compatibility with virtual meeting space well in advance of your webinar
Jeff Lieman currently heads his own consulting firm in Owings Mills, Maryland. He provides consulting services, contractual assistance services, and training to CPAs, their firms and their clients on matters related to US and International accounting principles, auditing standards, governmental auditing standards, and business planning services.
Jeff’s previous experience included serving as the Chief Financial Examiner for the Maryland Insurance Administration and being a Director for Ellin & Tucker, Chartered. As the Chief Financial Examiner, Jeff was responsible for the solvency examination of the Maryland domestic insurance companies. While Jeff was a Director for Ellin & Tucker, Chartered, he developed two new niche areas for the firm and supervised numerous audit service engagements. Jeff trained staff in many areas of accounting, administration and consulting and provided training services on a nation level to other organizations.
He reviewed numerous accounting systems and assisted in the selection and implementation of automated systems, helped develop policies and procedures for technology usage, work paper development, administrative procedures and other office policies, and also provided Peer Review Services (SEC section). Jeff also served as a senior manager with KPMG/Baltimore. At KPMG he maintained client relations, marketed audit, tax and consulting services, and managed audit related services for publicly traded and privately held entities.
His clients have included real estate ventures, printing and publishing companies, electronic manufacturers, wholesale distributors, retail stores, financial institutions, construction contractors, Governmental units, and various nonprofit organizations.
Mr. Lieman has been a national trainer for KPMG where he developed training materials for staff and instructors and is recognized nationally as a lecturer for various accounting, auditing and technology topics and has been quoted in various trade journals. He was elected Chairman of the Year by the Maryland Association of CPAs for chairmanship of the Computer Recourses Committee.