This event was recorded on 6.11.20 - will not be updated
You will have to pass a quiz to receive CPE credit
Development have continued after the publication of the forgiveness application by the SBA. This session will look at these developments, which have included the passage of the Payroll Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020 extending the covered period for the PPP loan along with other changes, additional IRS relief rulings and formal SBA guidance on loan forgiveness and loan reviews.
Topics to be covered include:
- Provisions of the Payroll Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020, including extension of the covered period and other changes
- ATNOL guidance for 2018 and 2019 net operating losses carried back to pre-2018 tax years
- New IRS opportunity zone relief
- IRS announces will begin to accept 2019 Forms 1040-X electronically later this summer
- Download PDF manual - view your upcoming events in "My CPE" on website
- Test your computer/device for compatibility with virtual meeting space well in advance of your webinar
Edward K. Zollars, CPA is in public practice in Phoenix, Arizona as a partner with the firm of Thomas & Zollars & Lynch, Ltd. He has been in practice for over twenty five years, specializing in tax issues for closely held businesses and individuals.
Ed has been professionally involved with both tax and technology issues, combing the two disciplines in starting the first tax podcast (Ed Zollars Tax Update, produced weekly dealing with current tax issues. He has been a member of AICPA Tax Division Committees dealing with tax and technology issues, and was the Tax Section’s representative on three occasions to the AICPA’s Top Ten Technologies project. Ed is also a member of the Phoenix Tax Workshop’s Advisory Committee, and currently serves on the Tax Legislation Liaison Committee for the Arizona Society of CPAs.Ed was selected as a Life Member by the Arizona Society of CPAs in May of 2010.
Ed is a co-author of the Arizona Income Tax Guide published by the Phoenix Tax Workshop, and has written articles published in Practical Tax Strategies and the Tax Adviser. He has been a frequent contributor to a number of professional tax discussion groups, and served as systems operator on the AICPA’s Accountants Forum in the mid 1990s.
He has spoken regularly on tax and technology topics since 1996, speaking before conferences sponsored by the AICPA and a number of state society of CPAs.