If you are looking for a dynamic, interactive, educational and fun session specifically for non-public CPAs, this is the place to be!
CFOs and senior financial managers, when well-equipped with strong leadership skills, can act as catalysts for growth for their companies and careers. This summit, designed with the needs of senior financial leaders in mind, features a range of timely topics geared towards enhancing these skills. Join us for a day to connect with other financial professionals in Idaho, consider issues from a new angle and re-energize yourself.
The sessions will focus on How to Overcome Conflict with Collaboration; How to Hire, Train and Retain the Best People; Leading Companies Through Change, and Making Improvements in Processes with Your People. After each session participants will receive and fill in key elements on a one-page summary to document key points and to determine what actions each will take and be able to apply on the job and in life.
The key to success is to provide the participants with what they need the way they prefer learning to address their needs. Having taught these topics for nearly 20 years Mike has found that having high energy interactive sessions with key take away action items, and having heard and learned from peers in class makes for the best sessions for participants.
- How to Overcome Conflict with Collaboration
- Conflict can be positive or negative. This session will identify conflict, explore practical information from neuroscience and present how to make use of The Collaboration Effect®. The Collaboration Effect is all about connecting relationships, listening actively and educating judiciously leading to negotiating closure. With an interactive exercise and discussions participants will document action items to apply at work, at home and in life.
- Leading Companys Through Change
- During this session participants will learn how to anticipate resistance to change and know how to address it. Participants will be able to explain and take actions focusing on values by promoting trust and understanding. Active listening will be demonstrated with an exercise. Participants will leave with action items to apply immediately to help their organizations through their ever-changing environment.
- How to Hire, Train and Retain the Best People
- If we do what we have always done why would we expect to see anything differently? This session addresses how to hire smart to attract the best employees, how to orient and mentor new employees considering generational differences, and how to retain the best employees given individual needs, and the Company’s expectations. Participants will leave with action items to apply going forward.
- Making Improvements in Processes with Your People
- In this session process will be defined and the four phases to improving processes will be explored. The first step is to identify and address the process for example with a flow chart. Once the process has been defined the steps of assessing and managing the process, improving the process, and testing and implementing the process can be applied. A humorous example will be employed to help bring these points into focus to allow participants to explore their own processes for improvement using this four-step model.
Mike is the founder of Michael Gregory Consulting LLC, a firm that helps organizations overcome conflict and enhance effectiveness business to business, business to government and within businesses, and he is the founder of The Collaboration Effect TM, a firm that promotes Mike as a professional keynote, workshop and executive forum speaker. Mike focuses on developing leaders by exploring and applying theory practically and joining the global movement in developing life-giving organizations.
He has been a front-line specialist, manager, midlevel manager and executive with up to 1,200 employees. He has been teaching and mentoring in this area for over 20 years. Mike has a BS from Valparaiso University, a MS from the University of Wisconsin – Madison, and an MBA from De Paul University.
Michael Gregory is an international speaker, author and consultant. Mike is dedicated to making individuals, organizations, thought-leading entrepreneurs and executives more successful. Mike has written over 35 articles, given over 400 presentations, and written eleven books, including "Peaceful Resolutions" (also available as an eBook) and "The Servant Manager" that are available at his web pages.
On point resources are available at www.mikegreg.com and www.collabeffect.com. Contact Mike directly at email@example.com or at (651) 633-5311. [NSA, ASA, CVA, MBA, Qualified Mediator with the Minnesota Supreme Court]