You spoke, we listened and we couldn't be more excited to welcome back Ron Roberson!
And it gets event better... Ron has joined forces with Bob Jennings in Taxspeaker- a company known for its industry-leading manuals, expert and energetic speakers, and award-winning research and compliance checklists and guides. AND, as Taxspeaker is the only continuing education company whose manuals ever won the coveted CPA Practice Advisor Reader’s Choice Award 3 years in a row, you know you are in great hands!
Day 1: Covers all of the changes that affect individuals in the current year, as well as a detailed analysis of how the new tax laws will
affect your individual tax clients.
Day 2: Covers all of the changes that affect business entities in the current year, as well as offers a detailed analyses of how the new tax laws will affect your business tax clients.
This two day premier conference covers all of the changes that affect both business entities and individuals in the current year. In addition, Ron will provide a detailed analyses of how the new tax laws will affect your tax clients.
Kept up to date through the day before the conference, you will hear
Federal Tax Update – Individuals
- The latest modifications from TCJA and Extender bills
- Relevant IRS Notices, announcements, ruling and court cases for individuals
- In depth example coverage of 2019 actual return preparation issues will provide professionals with the answers to their latest 1040 client questions
Federal Tax Update – Corporations & Partnerships
- The latest modifications to TCJA
- All relevant IRS Notices, announcements, ruling and court cases for corporations, S corporations and entities taxed as partnerships
- Common compliance issues encountered during 2019's tax preparation season
- A CPAs Guide to Avoiding Trouble
- Hear the juries’ view regarding the duties and responsibilities of the CPA and how their expectations surpass professional standards
- Discover risk management techniques to protect a firm and better serve its clients
- Learn some of the common threats/breaches to security and cyber security best practices
- Hear about the biggest mistakes CPA firms make when handling their own employee issues and learn techniques to avoid them
- Hear CAMICO malpractice claim “war stories”
ISCPA Room block available through 10.27.19
Regular room rates start at $259 a night.
ISCPA room rate is $162 a night.
Registration is closed. Please contact ISCPA at 208-344-6261 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Ron Roberson is a well-known tax lecturer who has more than 20 years of experience teaching throughout the United States. Ron annually speaks to thousands of tax professionals about the latest business and personal tax law developments, using his sense of humor and friendly speaking style to keep people coming back year after year. In addition to authoring multiple tax articles and manuals, Ron also continues to work with his partner in a tax and accounting practice in Sonora, California. Ron includes real life examples from his practice to make tax issues come alive and help complicated subject matter make more sense.
Duncan B. Will, CPA/ABV/CFF, CFE — Loss Prevention Manager / Accounting & Auditing Specialist
Mr. Will leverages his more than 30 years of experience in accounting, including public accounting, forensic accounting, consulting, and audit and tax compliance, to deliver to policyholders the high-touch, high-quality CAMICO experience. He works closely with the Loss Prevention Specialists to manage the department’s efforts to deliver policyholder service. Will’s specialties are accounting and auditing and business valuation-related risk management. He advises policyholders through the CAMICO Loss Prevention Hotline, speaks to CPA groups, and writes articles on a wide range of topics. Topics of particular interest include complying with the AICPA's Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services, doubts about an entity’s ability to continue as a going concern, cyber-security, and serving clients in the cannabis industry.
Will began his accounting career in 1979 as a staff accountant in the Washington, D.C. area and spent most of his public accounting career in California and Florida. He earned a Bachelor of Science in accounting from the University of Maryland and is Accredited in Business Valuation and Certified in Financial Forensics. A Certified Fraud Examiner, Will is an active member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners; has supplemented his education with college courses at the University of Baltimore, Golden Gate University, and Florida Atlantic University; and welcomes opportunities to expand his knowledge over a broad spectrum of accounting-related curricula.