Tax compliance issues for fiduciary entities are sometimes confusing to practitioners due to the fact that many lack experiences in this area. This course provides the practitioner with a practical understanding of the issues involved in preparing the U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts (Form 1041). Specifically, this unique course concentrates on fiduciary returns that contain multi-state issues.
- CPAs, EAs, and attorneys
- Recognize the components of the U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts (Form 1041).
- Identify Idaho Estates and Trusts with beneficiaries who reside in California, Oregon, and other states.
- Identify out-of-state Estates and Trusts with Idaho beneficiaries
- Analyze multi-state distributions to beneficiaries as well as other multi-state return items.
- How to prepare a Form 1041 with multi-state issues
- Understanding the relevant multi-state issues of Subchapter J of the Internal Revenue Code
- Understanding of distributable net income (DNI)
- Understanding of income in respect of a decedent (IRD)
- Line-by-line instruction
- Download PDF manual - view your upcoming events in "My CPE" on website
- Test your computer/device for compatibility with virtual meeting space well in advance of your webinar
Art is currently a shareholder in the lecture firm of Werner-Rocca Seminars, LTD. His areas of expertise include business, tax, financial, and estate planning for high net worth individuals. In addition, Art is an adjunct professor of taxation in the Master of Science in Taxation program at Philadelphia University. He received his Bachelor of Science in Accounting and his Master of Science in Taxation from Widener University. He holds a J.D. in Law from the Delaware Law School of Widener University.
Art lectures extensively to certified public accountants, enrolled agents, insurance agents, and financial planners in the areas of estate planning, financial planning, and estate and gift taxation. He has presented well in excess of 1,500 seminars over the past fifteen years. Art has been rated as having the highest speaker knowledge in his home state of Pennsylvania by the Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs, awarded the AICPA Outstanding Discussion Leader Award in Nevada, the Florida Institute of CPAs Outstanding Discussion Leader Award, and the South Carolina Association of CPAs Outstanding Discussion Leader Award.