This program will highlight recent individual tax developments resulting from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, and provide practitioners with a comprehensive update for the upcoming tax season.
Practitioners and members in industry seeking a general individual tax update or wishing to review key individual tax topics and staff members desiring a business tax overview.
Gain the knowledge of the latest tax developments, rules and regulations affecting individuals.
- Review of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Federal tax legislation, cases and rulings affecting income of individual taxpayers, including developments related to capital gains, wages, Schedule C and Schedule E, and itemized deductions.
- Self-employment health insurance deduction.
- Capital gain and losses, royalties, alternative minimum tax revisions, rate changes, and other legislative provisions.
- Tax planning with the Net Investment Income Tax.
- Download PDF manual - view your upcoming events in "My CPE" on website
- Test your computer/device for compatibility with virtual meeting space well in advance of your webinar
Doug Van Der Aa
DOUGLAS J. VAN DER AA, CPA, JD Doug has been a discussion leader for Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., for the past 11 years. He is a lively and energetic speaker – especially on the subject of taxes and ethics, and has extensive experience in leading discussions in conferences, seminars and webinars. He is a regular and highly rated speaker and seminar leader for CPA associations other organizations throughout the country. Doug has over 25 years of professional experience, including tax practice in CPA firms and the practice of transactional business and real estate law as an attorney. As a CPA, Doug's practice concentrated on the tax needs of closely held businesses, with their related pass-through entities, complex individual returns, estates and trusts. Doug taught for 10 years as an Adjunct Instructor and for one year as Assistant Professor of Accounting and Taxation for Grand Valley State University’s Seidman College of Business, where he taught in both the undergraduate and MST programs. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in accounting from Dordt College and his Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois College of Law.
View video bio - http://vimeo.com/102961797