CFOs and senior financial managers, when well-equipped with strong leadership skills, can act as catalysts for growth for their companies and careers. This summit, designed with the needs of senior financial leaders in mind, features a range of timely topics geared towards enhancing these skills. Join us for a day to connect with other financial professionals in Idaho, consider issues from a new angle and re-energize yourself.
- Corporate leaders
- C-suite executives
- Finance directors
- Financial Analysts
- Workplace dynamics are often over-looked until it’s too late. As tensions mount over differing work ethics, team efficiency can quickly begin to splinter. This course presents a fresh look at the essentials of team dynamics within the multi –generational workforce. In-class exercises provide an opportunity to discuss and seek to understand the difference within the genera ions.
- Understanding generational differences in the workplace
- Exploring the values of Tradionalists, Baby Boomers, Gen Xers, Millennials
- Team building across the generations
- Work with and understand multiple generations within the workforce
- Develop leaders across the multi-generational divide
- Lead your teams more effectively
Creating an Employee Engagement Culture
- This session will guide participants in creating employee engagement that results in a positive, committed work environment focused on the organization, goals, traditions, and values employee contributions. We will review the Employee Life Cycle and identify Employee Engagement focus areas. Participants will have opportunities for discussion and action planning on how to create an employee engagement culture within their own department or organization.
Lunch with Beta Alpha Students
- Hear from prospective new employees what they are looking for in their careers
Health Benefits – Keeping Costs Down
- Coming Soon
Community Involvement – Why, How, ROI
- When is the last time you were able tell senior management in your organization the expected financial return on investment for time spent volunteering? For financial managers who have financial targets to hit, this can be frustrating. You want your company, and your employees, to give back because you understand the value it creates for them in their lives and careers, as well as the community. But ultimately, time not spent in the office is revenue lost, regardless of whether it’s volunteer time or time paid for by the company. Hear from a panel of community business leaders as they share their corporate community involvement strategies and how they believe they are having a positive impact on their corporations.
HR Issues – Things That Go Bump in the Workplace
- A myriad of issues today represent real risks for the workplace, and employers must remain aware of these challenges and know how to prepare for them. A constantly evolving workforce, threats of a cyber breach, preparing for workplace violence, and handling employee well-being and mental health issues are examples of serious issues many CFOs are tasked with, in addition to their financial roles. Join Robert White, Partner with Givens Pursley, for a robust discussion on the latest HR trends.
Registration is closed. Please contact ISCPA at 208-344-6261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Jerri is the Learning & Organizational Development Manager at Boise State University, since 2004. She provides coaching, counseling, and organizational development, consultation, and design services.
She also serves as a transformational coach and organizational consultant, mediator and facilitator in a private practice with over 25 years’ experience. She has developed and facilitated multiple programs, specializing in communication, strategic planning, organizational development, change management, team effectiveness, work group consultation and team-intervention.
She is passionate about working with organizations to paint a vision for the organization, create cultural change and strategic alignment, recognize and celebrate diversity, implement tools to attract, develop and retain talent, authentic and empowering communication, and interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships and create possibilities for employees and organizations to succeed. She provides opportunities for people to grow, achieve self-empowerment, continually learn, and celebrate their successes.
Her personal mission is to partner with others to create organizational and personal transformation where individuals and organizations grow and break patterns that no longer serve their best interest.
Some of her clients include: PHRMA (Portland Human Resource Management Association), NWCG (National Wildfire Coordinating Group), NWCG (National Wildfire Coordinating Group), PERSI (Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho, State of Idaho Disability Determinations Services, Keynetics/Clickbank, University of Hawaii – LTAP Program – Manoa, Oahu, Hawaii, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, PKG User Interface Solutions, Inc., State of Idaho Professional Technical Education, Idaho Department of Agriculture, Idaho Department of Environmental Services, St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center – Breast Care Center, and the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Interfaith Sanctuary, Local Highway Technical Advisory Council, City of Nampa, City of Boise, Ada County, Industrial Commission, Idaho Department of Lands, Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation, Power Engineers, Piramal Inc., and is also affiliated with the Boise State University Center for Professional Development as a consultant and facilitator.
Professional Activities, Memberships, and Awards ICF – INTERNATIONAL COACH FEDERATION - SINCE 2006 ASTD/ATD -1986 TO PRESENT. Held a variety of positions and recipient of a variety of recognitions. WOMEN MAKING HISTORY – BOISE, IDAHO- RECIPIENT 2010 TWIN (TRIBUTE TO WOMEN IN INDUSTRY) AWARD , RECIPIENT- 2002 For outstanding contributions and leadership in business.
As Givens Pursley’s lead employment attorney, Bob guides employers through the complex array of workplace laws. He applies his expertise to ensure employer compliance, manage risk, and resolve employment disputes while minimizing the impact on employers’ business operations and objectives.
Bob advises and represents employers on a broad range of employment matters. He counsels employers regarding federal and state employment laws and cultivates strategies to maintain compliance by developing employment policies and practices, implementing employer training, and developing employment agreements including executive compensation, non-compete, non-solicit, and nondisclosure agreements.
Bob assists employers in managing risk by proactively providing guidance on specific employment issues including discrimination and harassment (based on sex, race, religion, national origin, disability, and age), wage and hour practices, employee leave, employee drug and alcohol use and testing, employment separation and termination, reductions-in-force, and unfair or restricted competition.
Bob also represents employers in employment disputes (i.e. litigation) before the Idaho Human Rights Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and state and federal courts. He has defended employers on issues involving wage and hour claims, overtime pay, employee benefits, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblowing, wrongful termination, breach of employment contracts, and employee leave. Bob also prosecutes and defends actions involving non-competition, non-solicitation, and nondisclosure agreements and trade secrets.
In his practice, Bob partners with business owners, executives, and human resource personnel to manage the impact of employment law compliance and employment disputes on business operations and objectives.
In addition to client representation, Bob is also an adjunct professor of employment law and a frequent speaker on employment law topics at sponsored events.
Dr. Jeremy Graves brings seventeen years of non-profit leadership and experience into the classroom. He has developed leaders from all walks of life and has cultivated strategic partnerships both nationally and internationally.
Jeremy’s passion for strong leadership development coupled with his deep understanding of the role of the team in successful leadership has produced emerging leaders. He holds a doctorate degree in transformational leadership and has developed many sustainable community partnerships throughout his career in the non-profit world. He specifically enjoys guiding companies and their employees to think strategically as they enhance their business portfolios, as well as looking for ways for seasoned leaders to recruit, train, and deploy new leaders into the workforce.
Jeremy’s hands-on style of teaching builds community, forges new relationships, furthers productive dialogue, and fosters strategic thinking for leaders from all spheres of the workplace. His research and experience have been in the area of team leadership, and also building and developing teams in the workplace.
Jeremy and his wife, Stephanie, have been married for 20 years. They have two boys; Jordan, a sophomore in high school and Taylor, a sixth grader. They reside in Boise, Idaho, and enjoy spending time with family and friends. Jeremy is also an avid hockey fan and will use just about any excuse to take in a hockey game.
25-year Insurance Sales/Service veteran. I love the Insurance business. It is evolving every day and I am in the business of helping people in protecting their most valuable assets (family, business, livelihood, tangible assets).
We are a full service agency that has specialists in all areas of Insurance for individuals and businesses. Auto, Home, Umbrella, Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Medicare supplements/advantage, Commercial/Business Property and General Liability, Workers Comp, Commercial Auto, Umbrella
Group Medical solutions down to 2 members with multiple carriers, including solutions that harness the power of Reference Based Pricing (RBP) which can save companies 35-40% in premium
I have a high work-rate, a thirst for knowledge and firmly follow my moral compass. Trust is earned not given and I take great pride in gaining this.
Licensed Life and Disability (Health), Property, Casualty, Senior Market (Medicare products)