By definition, we are incapable of seeing our own blind spots. Not recognizing that we don't know what we don't know can be costly in any organization. Blind Spots to Breakthroughs empowers participants to understand better how their brains drive behaviors that act as barriers to their own optimal performance in work and in life. The workshop will involve blind spots specifically around male/female brain styles, cooperation/competition, and brain priming.
- If you are a person, this is for you
- Participants will engage in participatory activities around game theory
- TableTop Co-op activity (highlighting the blindspot of competition over cooperation)
- Communication game "TRUMPED!" developed to explore how different cultures communicate and the inherent risk of not having a specific and clearly defined inclusion strategy.
- Participants will have the opportunity to test their own brain gender and discuss how this affects communication within their organizations.
- Participants will discuss results based on a quick word association game will help participants understand how "the me I see" isn't always "the way they see me."
Engaging, inspiring and enthusiastic, Rebecca's style meets her audiences where they are and brings them along for a fascinating journey into their own minds. Brain science for business has never been more approachable and fun! Her enthusiasm for helping others maximize their potentials is as infectious as her energy.
Using the biologically driven challenges organizations face in managing behaviors, Rebecca weaves together stories from her personal experiences, cutting edge research in neuroscience, and practical takeaways for everyday operations in work and life. The result is an unforgettable experience that will permanently shift the perceptions of participants and redirect them on a course toward happier, healthier, and more productive lives.
As an evolutionary biologist, Rebecca brings refreshing insights from the biological perspective to help her clients make sense of the "whys?" underlying our behaviors as individuals and institutions.
Key highlights of her signature workshops include:
Reconciling stone-aged brains to operate more efficiently in a modern world
Understanding biologically driven behaviors and helping them work for you, not against you
Building cooperation, and stimulating creativity and innovation by understanding the underlying mechanisms that regulate these processes at a neurological level
Optimizing the work environment to allow the greatest potential from all employees
A native New Yorker, Rebecca currently resides in South Carolina and is finishing her book Instinctive Cognition, which highlights how to live with intention beyond our subconscious minds.