In a recent study, Harvard University, Boston University and University of Michigan's Ross School of Business collaborated to determine the ROI for soft skills (or as ISCPA likes to call them, Essential Skills). A random group of workers were provided training on a variety of skills such as problem-solving and self-awareness tools. When the results on metrics such as productivity and retention where measured, the training resulted in a staggering 256 percent ROI!
With this in mind, welcome to the 2021 ISCPA Breakfast Series – Emphasis on Essential
Thanks to ICCU
- All Breakfasts will be held virtually
- Breakfasts start at 8am MT
- Networking starts at 7:30am
- Those that network could win breakfast on us!
- Please only do so if you really intend to join us each session - seats are limited in our virtual platform
- June 9 – Colors Personality Assessment
- July 14 - Communication & Trust
- August 18 - Relationship Management (Building Relationships in Teams)
- September 8 - Managing Yourself Through Change
- October 20 - Generation World (How to Work and Engage with Colleagues from Different Generations)
- November 17 - Presentations that Activate
- December 15 - The Leadership Sessions (How to Be A Leader in Your Own Way)
Kip was born and raised in Wisconsin. He has a bachelor’s degree in Communications from the University of Wisconsin and a M.Ed. in Educational Leadership from Boise State University.
He started with Boise State University in 2011 working as a counselor within Student Affairs. Currently, he is a Senior Growth Engagement & Culture Specialist within the Learning and Organizational Development department. His favorite aspect (“why”) of this position is shifting behaviors to a growth mindset for desired outcomes to advance team abilities.
- Wouldn’t it be great to know all the hidden elements of how your colleagues think and maneuver at work? Within this training, you will learn how each color represents a different primary personality type, and all four colors lay the foundation for this fun and insightful personality-identification system. Designed to uncover key social information about yourself and others, this ‘colors exercise’ is a tool that fosters an environment of understanding and collaboration. The How? The colors assessment tool methodology helps individuals understand how different personality types best interact with each other. Understanding this dynamic can be very powerful, especially when the success of an organization depends on effective communication between—and collaboration among—its employees.
- Missed deadlines, decreased productivity, low morale, and a culture of fear are all symptoms of a lack of trust and effective communication among team members. Members of highly effective teams understand that building trust and effective communication isn’t optional; it’s vital for the success of not only their team but also their organization. Within this training, we will take a closer look at both of these important pieces that help build and create stronger teams and allow them to be more successful.
- This session will focus on teamwork and collaboration. We take a deeper look into how relationships are formed, needed, and tested. How these friendships and partnerships lead to highly functional and innovative teams. Participants will discover tools on how to better build relationships by inspiring and motivating others.
- Change in the workplace is constant. Even when its scope is limited, workplace change can have a big impact on how we manage our day-to-day tasks. Yet, there is another constant and arguably more important factor to consider — how we manage ourselves through these changes. Whether we are welcoming a new team member, changing positions, experiencing the stress of missed deadlines, or anything in-between, this type of change is exhilarating and exhausting. While it may be easy to navigate through changes that are exciting, what do you do when change is difficult? In this training, we will take a deeper dive into why change is so challenging for most people and how a few steps can help you manage change more efficiently.
- Today’s modern working environment is more generational than ever. With approximately five generations working shoulder to shoulder, it is imperative to learn the different characteristics and demographics that make up these united pods of employees. Within this interpersonal training, participants will come to understand and honor generational differences and similarities. By understanding more about each generation, employees learn to leverage opportunities with their colleagues to be more successful and engaged. This training interactively allows you to ‘peek behind the curtain’ of each generation to learn how they are each impressive and helping improve the work environment (and the world) in their individual and collective way.
- As you know, most humans will need to be able to present (lead, organize/facilitate) and deliver material to an audience of their professional peers at some point in their career. Join us to learn how to create, storyboard, and execute all the steps needed to make your next presentation engaging and beneficial for your audience. This training shares and helps understand:
- The importance of storytelling and how powerful it can be in setting a vision and teaching important lessons
- Using a blended approach for your audience (icebreakers, media clips, group work, various digital interactions, etc.)
- Understanding your audience and using a format that gets them involved during the presentation
- Why learning outcomes are important
- Storyboarding content for your main purpose - which is your audience.
- What makes a great leader? Some say there’s a perfect formula: combine the right skills with the right ambition and opportunity, and anyone can achieve success. But now research says it’s what you can’t see on a resume that may matter most. – 86% say it is invisible skills – EQ, personality, communication, negotiate and lead (nontechnical skills). In this training, we break down and take a more in-depth look at leadership, what is means, the different types/styles, and what it looks and feels like to those it impacts and influences.